With this release we managed to get a good portion of bugs fixed. Gajim 1.3.1 also includes some convenient improvements. Thanks everyone for reporting issues!
Just three weeks after the last release, we’re happy to announce Gajim 1.3.1. This is mostly a bugfix release, but it also brings some improvements, such as clickable service provider URLs during account creation, an account badge for group chat invitations (if you have multiple accounts, this comes in handy), and better window behaviour when clicking the status icon.
- Added setting to explicitly enable GSSAPI authentication
- Removed ASCII Emoji replacing mechanism for incoming messages (Gajim now displays them as intended by the sender)
- Added account badge for group chat invitations #10424
- Better error handling for the new Profile window
- Improved avatar selector (works now for images <100 px)
- Improved accounts window layout #10438
- Account Creation: Links offered by servers during registration are now clickable #10445
- Gajim now displays an error if gateway registration fails #10443
- Fixed crash which appeared when trying to open the Contact Information window for offline contacts #10273
- Fixed crash occurring when clicking a ‘connection failed’ notification #10436
- Fixed rare crash which occurred when disabling video preview in preferences #10430
- Added workaround for crash occurring when clicking links on Windows #10450
- Improved status icon behaviour when Gajim’s window is not focused
- And much more: Have a look at the full changelog
- On Windows, we had to disable translations temporarily. This is due to a bug in a package Gajim relies on. Hopefully we’ll be able to ship the next version with translations again!
- Zeroconf (serverless messaging) has not been re-implemented yet
- Client certificate setup is not possible yet